Stavros Hatzifotis - Freelancer
- Location Athens, Greece
- Local time Unknown
- Experience Not specified
English ↔ Greek life-science translator
• Eighteen years freelance translator of technical manuals, medical tool manuals and diagnostic kits.
• Biologist by training and highly experienced in analytical and biochemical techniques (ex., Enzymatic Assays, High performance Liquid Chromatography, High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, Data Analysis using Statistical Packages).
• A multi-skilled, enthusiastic and motivated individual with analytical and critical thinking. Able to work both individually and as part of a team to complete projects on time. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas and can communicate clearly and effectively with people from all social and professional backgrounds. Well mannered, articulate and fully aware of diversity and multicultural issues.
• Looking for opportunities to offer my services to direct customers such as pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and clinical research companies, which are active in clinical trials or offering products for the Greek market. I would also welcome the possibility of providing medical writing services or translation and linguistic validation of patient questionnaires.
Under negotiation to meet customers' requirements.
Freelance Translator March 1993 - Present
Working freelance for translation agencies providing translation services. Recent projects (Amgen: Human therapeutics, Biosense Webster: Thermoccol SF NAV, ArthroCare: Quantum (RF 12000), DePuy Mitek: Expressew II, Flexible Suture Passer, Covidient: Nellcor, Puritan Bennett, Mallinckrodt, Howmedica Osteonics Corp: Medpor SST Orbital Implants, Edwards Lifescience: Magna Ease Aortic Connect Delivery System, Immunotech SAS: fluorochrome-conjugated antibody, Vysis S.A.: Fluorescence probes.
• Researching medical and technical phraseology to ensure the correct translation is used.
• Providing guidance and feedback and creating customer-specific style guides.
• Translation of documents/letters from Greek to English & vice versa.
• Reviewing and proofreading mother-tongue text.
• Revising more junior translators' translations.
• Performing literature search and retrieving articles from newspapers and magazines.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Fast turnaround.
• Industry experience - Reference materials not required.
• Specialist qualification with a foreign university degree taken in English.
• Excellent communication and social skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritize work.
• Willing to travel and able to work under pressure.
• PhD. Bioscience, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Japan, 1993 -1997
• MSc. Fisheries Biology and Management, University of Wales, UK, 1999 -2001
• BSc. Biology, Aristotle University Greece, 1984-1988
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Stavros Hatzifotis' Skills
Stavros does not have any skills defined yet.
Stavros Hatzifotis' Portfolio
Stavros does not have any portfolio items yet.
Recommendations for Stavros Hatzifotis
Stavros does not have any recommendations yet.